This post may contain affiliate links. We are compensated for referring customers to our affiliate partners.
Your dog is a trusted and well-loved member of your family.
When you give your family wholesome foods and vitamins to keep them healthy, it stands to reason that you would do the same thing for your dog.
Supplements That Boost The Immune System
Immunity booting vitamins and supplements are nothing new. People have been taking vitamin C, zinc, and Echinacea to enhance their body’s immune response for decades. Other supplements, such as probiotics, have become more popular in recent years and have shown much promise in helping balance the good and bad bacteria in the gut, which is where a majority of the battles between health and illness occur. Using Dog Supplements To Boost Immune System doesn’t mean that your dog will never get sick again, but it prepares his body so that the next time the germs come around, his immune system will be able to fight back harder than ever.
Keep The Body Running Well
There are many things that you can do to keep your dog’s immune system running at the top of its game. You can include Dog Supplements To Boost Immune System, but there is much to be said about proper diet and exercise, too. Your goal is to keep everything in a proper balance in your dog’s body. Too much immunity booster can cause the body to go into constant attack mode, while too little can help the germs get ahead in the war. When you combine everything together, in a good balance, you know that you’re doing your very best to keep Fido healthy and happy.
Exercise Your Pup
Many of the things that help our own immune system will also help keep your pup in good health. Regular exercise and maintaining good weight are two of the important ones. Your dog was born to move; running, jumping, digging, and even walking are all part of your dog’s nature. The digestive system and the circulatory system both function better when your dog stays on the move by playing and getting his heart rate pumping. Be sure to let his age and abilities determine how hard he plays, but daily exercise is a key to a healthier life.
Dog Supplements To Boost Immune System – It’s In His Food
Doing your best to keep your dog at an optimum weight is essential. A dog who is overweight or underweight has a lower immune system and can’t fight off illness as well as one who is at the right weight for her body type. Though you might not think of her food as Dog Supplements To Boost Immune System, dog food does play a big part. If your dog has trouble with too much weight, look for good quality dog food made for pups who are packing more paunch than they should be. Some good brands to try include:
- CANIDAE Platinum Formula For Overweight Dogs
- Nutro Ultra Weight Management
- Natural Balance Fat Dogs Low Cal Formula
- Purina Overweight Management
If gaining weight is problem, look for foods that are high in protein, or are designed for active dogs, such as:
- Victor Hi-Pro Plus For Active Dogs
- Newman’s Own High Protein For Active Dogs
- Sport Dog Elite Dog Food
- EUKANUBA Premium Active Dry Dog food
And speaking of using food as Dog Supplements To Boost Immune System, there are a few foods that can be added to your dog’s diet to help heighten the immunity, such as:
- Sweet potato
- Green beans
There have been many studies about the benefits of a raw dog food diet, but many researchers are against feeding raw meat and eggs, as they can compromise the immune system if bacteria and pathogens are involved.
Dog Supplements To Boost Immune System – Vitamins
- Vitamin C. Though dogs can make their own vitamin C, an additional supplement can help fight kennel cough and other infections.
- Vitamin E. This can improve heart health, as well as eye, skin, and muscle health. Be sure to talk to your vet about proper dosing as vitamin E is fat soluble.
- Fish oil. Omega-3 & 6 fatty acids are essential to improving your dog’s immune system and for reducing inflammation.
Dog Supplements To Boost Immune System – Minerals & Herbs
Using minerals and herbs as Dog Supplements To Boost Immune System has been practiced by many holistic veterinarians for years. Be sure to check with your own vet before adding to your dog’s diet, but consider some of the following:
- Milk thistle. This has been studied and shown to aid in the liver function of dogs, so adding a bit to her diet can be a great way to boost immunity.
- Echinacea. This has been used in people to shorten illnesses and keep sickness at bay for many years, and studies are beginning to show that dogs can reap the same benefits.
- Rosemary. High in iron and vitamin B6, this is a powerful antioxidant for people as well as dogs.
Dog Supplements To Boost Immune System – Probiotics
Of all the researched Dog Supplements To Boost Immune System, probiotics have been shown to help greatly. Not only are they beneficial for helping the immune system, they keep the digestive system in good order as well. You can give your pup some plain, unsweetened yogurt, or try some of these probiotic supplements:
- Particular Paws Probiotic Powder
- Purina FortiFlora Canine Probiotic Supplement
- Pet Ultimates Probiotics For Dogs
As you’ve seen, there are many Dog Supplements To Boost Immune System that can keep your pooch on the road of good health. Never underestimate the power of good sleep, staying clean, and keeping your dog away from stressful situations. Your dog is a lot more like you than you think, so treat her as you would like to be treated and everyone will stay healthy and happy.